Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Recap 5/3 - 5/3

Alright people. Let's recap the fabulous weekend I had.

Started off by rolling south to my Sweet Home Alabama Friday after work. Usually takes me 3.5 hours, but stand still traffic (the kind where everyone just shuts down their car and sits there) took me 4.5 hours. Oh well.

Saturday was seriously the perfect day. It was pouring down rain so instead of running, I did 30 minutes of a workout video at home. THEN I got to hang out with one of my best friends, Christy. Usually when I am home, we spend MAYBE an hour together because she's got 5 crazy kids at home. But this time, we got our nails done, went to Hobby Lobby, Lane Bryant, Old Navy, and got lunch. It was seriously the perfect morning.

A couple weekends ago I went to Lane Bryant to find some jeans. I tried on a size 20 and they were just too big. Unfortunately they didn't have any 18's so I thought I'd look around some more then order them online if I couldn't find some anywhere else. A couple days later I got a flier in the mail that they were going to have a BOGO free this weekend. PERFECT TIMING! Christy and I went to LB and I thought, "I'll try on the 20's and the 16's just to make sure the 18's are what I need." LOW AND BEHOLD THE 16'S FIT!!! I was shocked. I seriously almost cried. So flippin happy. The jeans I had gotten there about a year ago were a size 22 and I think some were even a 24. Check out my new outfit, rockin my sexy jeans (shirt from Old Navy with their 30% off sale!)...



Saturday night consisted of a wedding for some of our family friends. Kellie looked amazing and I'm telling you, when I get married, that's how I'm going to do it. The venue was this awesome rustic barn type of place, simple easy centerpieces, it was great. However, a high of 50 something degrees in the month of May is just NUTS in Alabama. Good thing I had a winter coat stuck away in my parents' guest room closet.

My beautiful mom and I

Sunday, I went to church and a couple of truths really stuck out to me.

1) I've always heard that "ultimately everything works together for God's glory." That is something I'm really trying hard to hold onto right now. It's so much more comforting than thinking of all the negative possibilities in any given circumstance. Try it. When you accept that even bad things happen for God's good, then it's easier to accept.

2) John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friend." I always looked at this verse as though Jesus laid his life down for US, not the other way around. Then we sang a song and the lyrics go, "I lay me down. I'm not my own. I belong to you alone. Lay me down. Lay me down. Hand on my heart this much is true. There's no life apart from you. Lay me down." I never thought of this verse applying to US as well. We have to lay down OUR lives to show God the greatest love we can.


I'm definitely not one to get sappy or very "deep" but for some reason, these two ideas have stuck with me for the last 24 hours. Maybe God is trying to tell me something?

Church was over, went to lunch with some friends and my parents and I ordered something new at Casa Blanca. If you ever go out to eat with me, you know I am a creature of habit. I get what I like and I don't try anything new. Before going to lunch, I had looked up healthy options for Mexican restaurants. I got a Tostaguac. Corn tortilla with chicken and cheese, lettuce, guacamole, and salsa. Not as good tasty as my nachos, but definitely a better choice. I love chips. It's a problem. I've found though that if I wait until the end of my meal to have a few, it's a lot easier to stop myself. So that's what I did. I ate my meal then had a few chips and I was done and I didn't feel like I had deprived myself. Go me.

Headed back north to Murray after lunch and sat on the couch and watched tv the rest of the night. Oh sorry, that's what I normally do on Sundays so it was just a habit to type. HA... Instead of chillin in front of the tv, I CLEANED MY KITCHEN. It was one of my weekly goals and I thought, "I have to do it." So I did. Check out my Weekly Goal recap entry to see the before and afters. It was rough, but now it's so clean! and organized! and snazzy!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment