Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I think running has ruined my life of TV watching and couch potatoing

It's true.

I think I'm "outdoorsy" and it's all running's fault.

When I started running, I did it because I wanted to burn some extra calories. However, I think it has changed me in more ways than just my pants size. I actually WANT to be outside DOING things now! This weekend was seriously the best weekend I've had in a LONG TIME.

Saturday, I ran a 5K, went to Zumba, and stopped by the farmers market, ALL BEFORE NOON. I don't even know what was going on with me. The 5K was awesome. My goal was to finish in 39 minutes, and I did it in 37:58. Big shout out to my gym buddies who did it with me. One of them even texted me the next day and said, "I've got the bug. When's the next one?!"



Saturday night my neighbors invited me over for a cookout that consisted of lot of food, lots of people, lots of cornhole, lots of laughs, and lots of drinks for those over the age of 21. It was fabulous.

Sunday, I went to TOWN on my closets. Guys. It's ridiculous. I've got 3 closets FULL of my clothes and there was no rhyme or reason to any of them. At one point while going through all of them, I looked around and I was literally surrounded! Check out this mess...
Sunday afternoon, my friends Scott and Robin (or Scobin as I like to call them) had a bunch of us over to cookout and just enjoy each others company. I seriously want to move in with them. They have the best place out in the country, surrounded by fields. SO PEACEFUL. The "boys" got there early to shoot their guns on Scott's course that he made. This thing is intense. The boys were having a hay day.

Scott even set up a shaded area for us women-folk to hang out, complete with a couple of couches and a shade tent. Some might say the word "redneck" comes to mind, but for realz, it was the best afternoon ever.




After grilling out, we ate dinner and then busted out the dessert. I brought a peanut butter pie that I thought was going to be wonderful.

I was wrong.

VERY WRONG.

The recipe was peanut butter and greek yogurt in a oreo cookie crust.

Yall...

It was the worst thing I've ever tasted. My friend Drew took a bite and spit it out it was so bad.

So I had an idea.

Blow it up.

And that's what we did.


After all of that excitement, we started a bonfire, watched some hilarious ultimate frisbee played by guys who are definitely not teenagers anymore, and sat around the fire drinking wine until about 10:00 at night.

Perfect. Day.




Got home and realized that my room was still a mess, so I said screw it, and slept in the guest room on the air mattress. Please tell me I'm not the only one to have ever done this.

Monday morning, back to work on my bedroom. Ended up with the guest room closet full of winter clothes, and a bin of clothes that are too small but I don't want to get rid of (they WILL fit one day). Another closet holds shoes, purses and bags, jackets, and dresses. Finally, my third closet holds jeans, dress pants, shirts, and I even made two bins designated for workout shirts and workout pants so I don't have to dig around for them when getting my bag together. Folded the MILLION tshirts I have and put them away. Stocked my winter boots up on the top shelf. And got rid of everything that's too big, out of style, or I just haven't worn in ages.

One of the best parts about living in Western Kentucky, is an area called Land Between the Lakes (LBL). My friend Shawna and I went on a little adventure and took a hike around Lake Hematite. Here are a few pics of the area...






 


There is also an area in LBL called the Elk and Bison Prairie. Paid 5 bucks to drive around in this Jurassic Park like area and at one point, the Bison were about 10 feet from the car.




We finished our adventure with a trip to Belews Dairy Bar. I may or may not have had a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake with a grilled cheese and onion rings. (Okay, who's kidding... of course I did. It was amazing.)

Got home, showered, and went (yet again) over to the neighbors for another grill out and more cornhole.

All in all, this weekend has made me realize that I really do like to be active and outdoors. 

Can't wait to do it again next weekend!

Call me a hippie, but get outside and enjoy nature!

Sami's Shenanigans

3 comments:

  1. New follower here. Saw you on Beth's blog. Congrats on your 5K. I am thinking about starting the C25K program soon...trying to build up my courage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me! You can totally do it girl! Keep me updated!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete