Friday, May 24, 2013

Speed Training and NSVs

You might remember from my Workout Wednesday post, I said that I was excited about speed training. 

Umm... yeah.... what's wrong with me?

My friend Amanda and I met Allie at the high school track and we started with a 400 meter (one lap) jog. Then started the sprints. 

Holy. Moley.

Seriously thought I was going. to. die. We were suppose to sprint and then jog but there was NO jogging. Only walking. I don't even know if I'd call it walking. It was more like dragging my ass to the next line so I could sprint AGAIN. I'm not even going to lie to you and say that it was awesome. It was hard. It was painful. I sounded like I was having an asthma attack. But we did it. 

Took a cue from Amber over at Crafty Healthy Mommy with the selfie. :)

What's even more exciting is that I posted something about this on Facebook and some of our other friends said that they wanted to join us next week! So we might have a big ol' group of us next time! I texted Allie this morning and said I felt it in my abs and she said that meant I was doing the sprints the right way.

In other news, lifebylex and ktjweighingin have their Non-Scale Victories Linkup going on again and I just love Linkups. A few weeks ago I put on a pair of jeans and they were way too big so I threw them on the closet floor. Ever since, when I put something on and it's too big, I've just thrown it into the pile. Last night I tried on a bunch of shirts and had to throw them in the pile as well. So I guess my NSV is that I've got a lot of clothes to donate to Goodwill!





button

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I bet you it felt great afterward though! Specially by looking at that huge smile on your face. You look so accomplished! Congrats on your NSV! Don't you just love not fitting clothes anymore! I love trying on clothes that DIDN'T fit! That is my NSV! :)
    Sherry
    www.sexyheffer.com

    ReplyDelete