Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekly Goals

One of the main reasons I've revived this blog is because I got to following others and thought, "why not?"

Among those that I follow is Crafty Healthy Mommy. Amber and I had a mutual friend in high school and even though we didn't hang out much (she went to a different school) I always thought she was really sweet. When I got on My Fitness Pal about a year ago, I linked up with her and couldn't believe my eyes. This girl is incredible. Check her out and see for yourself.

button

Anyways, something she does on Mondays are post her weekly goals. This is a linkup to another blog I follow,  Operation Skinny Jeans

Operation Skinny Jeans

They post some goals for the week and then revisit them the following Monday to see how they do. I thought I'd give it a go, so here we go...

Operation Skinny Jeans

1. DRINK MORE WATER


I drink 6-8 ounces of water everyday. However, I have read some places that you should take your weight, divide it by two, and that's how many ounces you drink. For me, that's 118 ounces. Yup, do the math. I just told you how much I weigh. Oh well. 

I've got a beauty of a water bottle that holds 24 ounces. That means I've got to drink 5 of these bad boys. Everyday. Lord, I'm going to pee a lot.

2. CLEAN MY KITCHEN


I'm not a messy person by any means. However, my kitchen could use a good tidying up. This includes the pantry, fridge, cabinets, everything. I'll make sure I take some before and after shots for you guys... and by shots I mean shots of tequila. pictures.

3. LOSE 1.8 POUNDS


I am 1.8 pounds away from having lost 40 pounds. Never in my life have I stuck with something like this for so long. I've joined Weight Watchers and workout programs and diets and all that crap in the past, but just making a choice to STOP BEING A FAT ASS has been the thing that has worked for me. When I get to 40 pounds lost, I can then focus on 50. One step at a time.



So there they are. My 3 goals of the week. What are yours?


3 comments:

  1. Awesome goals! One of mine is to drink 100+oz of water each day. I've done it a few times but then slacked off on it. I have a 24oz Tervis I bring to work so 4-5 of those a day!

    Congrats on almost making it to 40lbs lost! That's amazing and inspiring. What are you doing that is making it work for you? Like you, I've done WW and all sorts of diets. Lost 30 lbs 2 years ago but since haven't done much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I've been using MyFitnessPal religiously. If you haven't checked it out, do so! You can log in online and they have a great app. You can add friends on there as well, so feel free to look me up (username: Kimakazie). I really try to eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day and eat whole grains. I've cut down on sweets as well, but I still enjoy them every now and then. :)

      I workout at least 5 days a week and I don't go more than 2 days in a row without working out. Making the gym a priority has helped a lot. I treat it like I do work- I have to go to work 8 hours a day and I have to workout 1 hour a day. No exceptions (well maybe some, but for the most part, it's a mandatory part of my daily routine). I try to motivate myself to workout with other reasons than just to lose weight. I signed up for a half marathon and that's coming up in two weeks. After that, I'm doing a Warrior Dash in August. Having things like this really keep me motivated.

      Hope that helps! You can do it!

      Delete
    2. I've heard a lot about MFP but haven't checked it out yet but I think I will as another form of accountability (I'll look you up!)

      The working out is my issue...thinking of it as mandatory as going to work is a really good idea. Puts you in a different mind set.

      Thanks for the motivation!

      Delete