Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cousin Love

How is it that I've let almost a whole year go by without a post? Yet, once again, I suck at life. (Just kidding.)

If you didn't know, I'm training for a half marathon. Let's be honest, the only real reason I'm doing it is so I can have one of those awesome 13.1 stickers on my car. I'll probably be more excited about that than I will be finishing the actual race. My cousin and I completed the Papa John's 10 Miler in Louisville of April 6th and let me tell you, Holy Hills, I. hate. hills. My cousin Holly told me that if I finished, I could do her hair when we went out that night. If you don't know Holly, that was a huge honor.



It always surprises me when people think it's crazy how close I am with my cousins. They really are some of my best friends. I think it is pretty awesome that we text and talk all the time. Two of them are in this half marathon journey with me and come August, we are doing a Warrior Dash too. If I've learned anything from this training and running, it's that you have to have a support team to do it with. Without them I'd had quit a long time ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment