Let's start off with the weekend recap:
Friday I headed to my aunt's house and stayed the night. Early Saturday morning we piled in the cars and headed to Louisville for The Color Run. This is the second year my aunts and cousins and mom have done this and I'm sure it won't be the last.
If you've never done a Color Run before, let me just tell you, DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY! If you are an avid runner or training for a 5K or trying to beat a record or something, you are totally missing out if you just put in your headphones and run. Am I a runner? Yes. Can I run a 5k? Sure. Did I run any part of The Color Run? Absolutely not. AND I HAD A BLAST. 3 of my cousins and I stuck together and walked the whole way. We were people watching and snapping pictures after each color station. I even got down and rolled on the ground a couple of times to get more color on me. We had so much fun and that's what it's all about.
After The Color Run, we had time to kill before we could check into our hotel. The original plan was to pack a lunch, we'd bring a cooler, and after the race, we'd just hang out in the park and have a picnic. Well some people decided to just get Subway instead of bringing something... and by some people, I mean everyone except for me. Long story short, Subway wasn't allowing any color runners in and we had to find another option.
We ended up walking to a deli type restaurant, but damn it, I had my salad and I was going to eat it!
So I did.
Everyone else ordered food and I busted my salad out, right there at the table. I didn't care. I had already counted these calories AND I didn't want to spend the money. Double bonus! Topped it off with some yogurt and granola. Not too bad if I do say so myself.
We did end up hanging out in the park until we could check into the hotel. After washing my hair twice and getting dressed, we went to a comedy show (hilarious) and then out to dinner.
It was a great time, except for being sick. Started with a scratchy throat on Friday, then turned into allergies and sinus crap all day Saturday (pretty sure I had a fever by the end of the day) and Sunday it settled in my chest. Oh well! Nothing a little good ol' medicine can't fix.
Side note... I'm a big advocate of before and after (or in progress) pictures, so I thought I'd share this with you all...
Last week's goals:
1. Get all of my runs in.Did better this week about that, but still didn't get all of them in. I missed Sunday's because I got home and just laid on the couch. I was still feeling achy and sick and all that crap. (Excuses excuses)
2. Stay under my calorie goal every day.I did this except for Saturday. However, for the whole week, I was WAY under my calories by the time I added in working out and stuff. Sad part is I only lost .2 pounds. I'm thinking I might need to up my minimum calorie goa.
3. Go to BodyPump at least twice this week.CHECK! Plus I checked out kickboxing and almost died.
This week's goals:
1. Lose weight while in Gatlinburg.Going on family vacation this week Wednesday-Sunday and I've got my whole entire meal plan figured out. I have packed a cooler with my own food and snacks and all that. I'll do another post on that later.
2. Get all of my runs in.Seriously going to happen. Even while on vacation. Shoes are packed.
3. Water Water Water.Been slacking so picking it back up. Downloaded an app to help me with this. Again, I'll do another post on it later!
Tonight was week 4 of speed training. My friend Allie told me that we would be doing stadiums once a month. I was excited.
Until I walked in and actually saw it... close up...
The plan was to do a 1 mile warm up, 1 set of stadiums, 800 meter recover, another set of stadiums, 800 meter cool down.
When I say a "set of stadiums" that means running up from the bottom to the top, walk over a section, and run back down, the entire length of the stadium, which equals out to going up and down 4 times each.
THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T HURL WAS BECAUSE THE FOOTBALL TEAM WAS THERE!
I thought I could at least RUN up one time.
No. That didn't happen. I took 5 steps and my ass was walking up the rest of the way... definitely NOT running.
I got to the top and wanted to die. But I wasn't anywhere CLOSE to being finished.
THREE DIFFERENT TIMES I had to close my eyes, breathe deep, and tell myself not to puke right then and there. Thank JESUS I did not. Can you just imagine how embarrassing that would have been!?!
I got done with my first set of stadiums walked a couple of laps, and I was done.
I told myself there was no way I could do another set.
Now that I'm home, I'm totally pissed off. I didn't even TRY to do a second set. Not going to lie, I am really disappointed in myself. You might be thinking, "You're nuts! You should be proud you did what you did!" and I am... but more than that I'm disappointed that I didn't try. So what if I had hurled my guts up? So what if I could have only done part of it? Ugh...
Saw this on Pinterest this morning and saving it as my background on my phone until I do that second set of stadiums... I will be making that stadium me B%&$#.