Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crockpot Creamy Fiesta Chicken

I'm sure that the name "Crockpot Creamy Fiesta Chicken" is over used and has been employed to describe many different recipes, but I think "Best Damn Chicken Creation You've Ever Tasted And Not to Mention The Easiest Thing You've Ever Made" probably isn't as easy to remember (although very descriptive).

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (frozen is okay)
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar of medium or hot salsa (mild doesn't have enough flavor. Have no fear though, when I used medium, it had no "kick" at all. I think that hot is the best way to go. Just spicy enough for you to know its there, but not so spicy you are running to the fridge for a glass of milk)
1/2 a block of cream cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat and it still tastes fantastic)


Directions:
Place the chicken in the crockpot
Add the corn
Add the beans
Add the salsa (The jar I show in the pic is 16 oz., but I only used about half of it)
Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4
Once the chicken is cooked, it will literally fall apart just by picking it up. I used a pair of tongs and shredded it
Add the cream cheese and mix until creamy


My favorite way to eat it is over some crushed Frito's. SO GOOD! It refrigerates well and makes great leftovers. 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment