Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby Shower Brownie Cupcakes

Made cupcakes yesterday for my new dear friend, Robin, and I was so excited with how they turned out! Not only were the cupcakes good, but they were so easy to decorate. I think a little practice and I might be onto something.

I started off making Betty Crocker's Original Hershey Supreme Brownie batter and Betty Crocker's White Cake batter. Make sure that you have two separate mixing bowls when doing this. Some of you may be thinking, "Well duh," HOWEVER NOT ALL OF US THINK OF SUCH THINGS...  Don't judge me.

MOVING ON...

In a muffin tin with liners, I put a spoonful of brownie batter in each cup and used the spoon to kind of "spread" the batter to cover the bottom.


Now add the cake batter. I only added enough to fill the cups 1/2-3/4 full.


The recipes for the brownies and the cake both called for 350 degrees. I wanted them to be flat on top rather than domed, so I knocked the temp down to 325 degrees and baked them for about 20-23 minutes. I used the toothpick trick to make sure they were done.

I ended up with more cake batter than brownie mix so some were made without chocolate, which turned out great since Sarah doesn't eat chocolate! Score!

Decorating them was the fun part! I got this $12 kit from Wal-Mart in the wedding cake isle and I am forever a fan of decorating cupcakes with icing bags and decorating tips. I stuck a pacifier in some of them and added chocolate chips as eyes. They didn't turn out as cute as I wanted, but oh well.





They sure did taste good though and I got a lot of compliments on them, so I think everyone else thought they tasted good, too! Now, anyone want to come clean up my kitchen for me?

Deuces!
XOXO

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment